The TechWorks! Blue Box project has two distinct phases: the first- to repair and return to operational status (2006-8), the second to design and build a remote pilot station for visitors to operate the Blue Box without entering the vintage cockpit (2008-2010).
1942 WWII Blue Box - gift of George Stelmak 2006
Instructor’s desk - gift of Rockwell Collins 2012
Spare parts - purchased from Philpott collection
Restored with support from Assemblywoman Donna A. Lupardo, Erik Joh, and the Gertrude Skelly Foundation
Remote Pilot Station - Designed as a Watson School Senior Project, Frank Cardullo advisor, 2008-9.
Electronics implemented as a SUNY BROOME Electrical & Electronic Technology Senior Project, Don McCarty advisor, Spring 2010.
- Fred Belyea - Link veteran
- Charlie Doggett - Link veteran
- John Dionne - Link veteran
- Chuck Goodwin - NYS Technology Educators Assn
- Stanley I. Hayes - Link veteran
- Paul Ives - Link veteran, clock maker
- Jim James - Link Veteran
- Jim Herz - Link Veteran
- Joe Krzynieski - Link veteran
- Donovan McCarty - SUNY Broome faculty
- Neil Payne - retired IBM engineer, tool maker
Watson School Senior Design Team, 2008-9
- Chris Carney - EE
- Patrick Guerra - EE
- Destrie Montis - ME
- Anthony Staco - ME
- Brenno Varanda - ME
- Frank Zurla - CoE
- Frank Cardullo - Link veteran, Watson School of Engineering faculty
- John Husar - Link veteran
- Milt Lipa - Link veteran
- Jim Spencer - Link veteran
- George Stelmak - donor
The Blue Box is not operational at this time.